North Mississippi Allstars
Taping & Trading Policy
The North Mississippi Allstars allow audio and video taping at almost every live performance. We believe that each Allstars show offers a unique experience, and we want our fans to be able to share our live experience with others in the fan community.
· Audience audio and video taping is allowed under most circumstances. Audio taping by microphones is allowed. Soundboard, wireless receiver recordings, and on-stage recordings are not allowed. Various restrictions from the venue, headlining/co-headlining artist, festival or other unknown sources may create situations where audience taping may not be allowed.
· We ask that anyone taping a performance please be considerate of the other fans around you. Tapers should make reasonable attempts to not interfere with the overall enjoyment of the performance by other fans at the performance or become a distraction to the artists on-stage. The North Mississippi Allstars reserve the right to revoke the permission to record a performance to anyone not respecting the other audience member, the venue or venue staff, or the artists.
· No tapers are allowed entrance to the venue prior to doors opening to the public. No taping or setup of taping gear is allowed during soundcheck.
· The North Mississippi Allstars are offering up to 2 complimentary tickets/guest list spots to tapers per show. These spots are limited to NMA headlining shows only. Where NMA is the supporting/opening act, guest list spots will not be given out. In return, NMA is requesting that you circulate your recording within 2 weeks from the date of the show. Recordings can be posted to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree), as a torrent on a suitable tracker such as http://bt.etree.org/. The Live Music Archive is the preferred method. If you would like to record a show please contact Zach at NMA management via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the show you would like to record. Please make the subject of your email "NMA Taper Request" (without the quotes) so that it is not overlooked. If you wish to take part in this please make sure you email your request no later than 1 week prior to the show you wish to record so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
· All recordings must be used for personal use or trading only. Selling or commercialization of any recording is illegal and will jeopardize taping privileges for everyone.
· The North Mississippi Allstars allow and encourage the trading of audience recordings of its concerts. Recordings may be traded only for an equivalent amount of similar media (cassettes, CDs, or DVDs, pre-recorded or blank). Regardless of any expenses incurred, no money may ever be exchanged as part of a trade; however, stamped, self-addressed envelopes may be included with blank media. Special note: soundboard recordings, while not allowed, may exist in the trading community. Any soundboard recordings of performances on or after February 1, 2007, are not allowed to be traded. Soundboard recordings prior to February 1, 2007 may continue to be traded subject to the trading policy.
· Live Digital Downloads available via the North Mississippi Allstars official web site or official web store are considered official releases. As with other North Mississippi Allstars official releases, any files offered through the official North Mississippi Allstars web site or web store may not be copied (except for personal use) or traded . Audience recordings of the performances may continue to be traded subject to the taping and trading policy.
· The North Mississippi Allstars are part of the Live Music Archive and allow audio recordings of their performances to be uploaded and archived. The NMA page on the Archive is http://www.archive.org/details/NorthMississippiAllstars/, with the following limitations to shows on the Archive: (1) No SBD recordings made on or after Feb. 1, 2007. SBD recordings prior to this date are permitted, and (2) No recordings of shows that the North Mississippi Allstars have made commercially available, either on physical media (CD, vinyl, DVD, etc.) or by digital download.
· All North Mississippi Allstars performances and recordings are the exclusive property of the North Mississippi Allstars. All rights reserved. The rights to record North Mississippi Allstars performances set forth in this policy constitute an express, revocable license. We reserve the right to withdraw our sanction of recording, tape/CD/DVD trading and/or non-commercial digital audio or video file transfers on a case specific basis or in general, as we deem necessary. No waiver of any copyright or trademark right is intended