Band News Back to All Band News

Benefit Show for Chew

Earlier this summer, Chris Chew went in to a diabetic coma after experiencing extremely high blood sugar levels and was hospitalized for several weeks in serious condition. To aid with his accumulating bills over the last 10 weeks that he’s been out of work, there will be a benefit show for him on Sunday, August 19th at The Hi-Tone Cafe (1913 Poplar Ave. Memphis, TN). Music will begin at 5pm and the night will include performances by the NMA Duo, Alvin Youngblood Hart and more to be announced soon.

All tickets will be sold at the door for a suggested donation of $10. There will also be a silent auction taking place throughout the evening. 100% of the money raised that night, including food and beverage sales, will be donated to Chew to aid in his recovery expenses. Get more details on the benefit show at http://holdmyticket.com/event/120195

**If you are unable to attend the show but still want to help, you can donate directly to Chew through his paypal account.

11 Replies to Benefit Show for Chew

1. 1.
    Pauli says:

Well that is a terrific idea! Thanks for letting us help, and thanks for adding the ‘if you are unable to attend’ info for those of us who are hundreds of miles away.

2. 2.
    Susan says:

Same as Pauli, thanks for making away for us people who do care but can’t get there.. Our thoughts and prayers for ya’ll all the time…

3. 3.
    greg g says:

I am officially appointing myself the california grassroots marketing rep for this cause … wish I could go to the show too …

4. 4.
    Rick Kendrick says:

My family and I have enjoyed hearing Chris play and talkiing with him before and after shows. He has been quite friendly and accomodating. We wish him all the best and will be doing the paypal thing. I have posted the story and link on other sites, and it has already added to contributions. Hope to see you out on the Freedom Highway again Chris. Keep Pushin` On !

5. 5.
    John says:

Sorry to hear this about Chris..wishing you the best.

6. 6.
    Laura Zotian says:

Chris, I wish I could be in Memphis this weekend to show support. I donated some $$ via PayPal on behalf of Greg and myself, hope you’re feeling better and back to your usual self soon! Sending lots of love your way…

7. 7.
    ryanstasik says:

Love ya Chris, wish i could be there in person…but ill be there in spirit!
    Keepin it low & dirty!
    Im happy to help through Paypal and ill be sharing on my twitter and facebook as well. Much love.

Best,

Ryan \mm/

8. 8.
    Todd says:

Thanks to everyones support to Big Chew. We are putting together tons of incredible items for a silent auction on Sunday ( Dick Watermann and Adam Smith 1 of 1 prints as a start plus studio recording time, gift certificates to great places and much more ). We are working on getting them online for viewing. Anyone interested in bidding that cant make it let us know and we will figure out how to include you – even if we just talk via cell. Keep spreading the word and make it out Sunday for a great day and night to tell our buddy Chris how much he means to all of us! If you want to help even more in your area of the country let us hear from you.

9. 9.
    John Root says:

Please give us who can’t make it to Memphis a shot at the auction. Thanks for all your efforts. “lil Bit” and I are so greatful to be a part of this family! Raise that roof Y’all!

10. 10.
    Jason says:

Sending out lots of love to Chris. Your music has meant so much to me and numerous others, and the few times we have spoken you truly made my day. I’m praying for you to get better soon man.

11. 11.
    Jan Hyatt says:

Thank you for creating a way whereby we Georgia folks can also support Chris. I’ll be there tonight in spirit! We frequent the Hill Country Picnic, Variety Playhouse and recently my sister caught the Allstars in Edinbrough, Scotland! We miss Chirs and he is in our prayers!